School will reopen for all pupils on Tuesday, 1st September 2020 unless Government advice changes.
Healthy Eating Policy
Healthy Eating Guidelines/Policy - Scoil Mhuire, Navan, Co. Meath
- A healthy lunchbox includes a helping of food from the bottom four shelves of the food pyramid.
- Some of the healthy snacks that we encourage for the small break include fruit, yoghurt, Fromage Frais and crackers.
- Healthier choices of drink include water, milk and fruit juice in order to avoid tooth decay.
- FIZZY AND SUGARY DRINKS ARE NOT ALLOWED as frequent consumption of these put teeth at risk of tooth decay.
- A small treat is allowed on FRIDAYS ONLY i.e. chocolate/crisps.
- Chewy/sticky bars and sweets are NOT ALLOWED.
- Brush teeth before going to school and going to bed with a pea size amount of toothpaste.
- This policy endorses the Department of Health recommendation of a cumulative one hour’s physical activity per day. It also supports the use of our playground markings.
- CANS, GLASS BOTTLES AND CHEWING GUM ARE NOT ALLOWED.